(Last Updated: September 28, 2016)
- Information that we collect about you.
- Cookies and other tracking technology that we use.
- What we do with the information that we collect.
- With whom we share the information we collect.
- Our opt-out policy.
- Our policy on correcting and updating Personal Information and deactivation of your account.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information Provided by You Upon Registration and Making a Purchase. When you register for an account on a Site and/or purchase a product or service from us, we may collect the following information that allows us to identify you (“Personal Information“):
- E-mail address
- ZIP/Postal Code
- Home Phone
- Mobile Phone
- Credit Card Number
- Billing Address
Information Provided When You Contact Us. We may collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you contact us with a question or comment about our products and services. We generally collect one or more of the following types of Personal Information when you contact us with a question or comment or request information from us about our products and services:
- E-mail address
- Company Name
- Phone Number
- Information about your position
- Information about interests and preferences
Information Collected From Our Partners. Our third party resellers may share with us your name and email address so that we may fulfill your service requests and/or to provide you with services that may be of interest to you. Any Personal Information we collect through our third party resellers will only be used for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
- Beacons are small graphical images (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) that may be included on our Sites and typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behavior.
- An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Local Shared Objects. Local shared objects (or Flash cookies) are pieces of data that websites which use Adobe Flash may store on a user’s computer. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use local shared objects. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing local shared objects. In addition, you may manage Flash cookies by clicking here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
The above technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Sites, services and products, tracking users’ movements around the Sites and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We partner with third parties to manage our advertising to you on other websites. We may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on the Sites in order to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out at any time by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
If you provide Personal Information to us for a certain reason, we will use the Personal Information in connection with the reason for which it was provided. In particular:
- Information Provided by You Upon Registration and Making a Purchase. We may use this Personal Information to administer your access to a Site, verify your identity, and provide our products or services to you.
- Information Provided When You Contact Us. We may use this Personal Information to understand and respond to your question or comment.
- General uses. We may also use your Personal Information to improve and personalize your experience with us, and, with your consent where necessary, send you information about us and keep you informed of our other products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Passively Collected Information. We use passively collected information to monitor and maintain the performance of our Sites, analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services, validate users and ensure their technological compatibility with users, and optimize our marketing efforts.
- Aggregate data. We may use your Personal Information to create aggregate data which does not include any Personal Information and which cannot be used to identify you. For example, aggregate data may include data that describes the general demographics, usage or other characteristics of a Site’s users. We reserve the right to transfer and/or sell aggregate or group data about a Site’s users for lawful purposes.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Service Providers. We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies (“Service Providers“) to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, processing credit card transactions, and hosting services. When we employ a Service Provider to perform a function of this nature, we provide it with the information that it needs to perform its specific function, which may include Personal Information and other information that you provide to us via a Site. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Legal Requirements. We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a subpoena or similar legal obligation, (b) protect and defend our rights or property, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of any Site or the public, (d) protect against legal liability, or (e) or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Sites of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Frames. Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our Sites. When you interact with content from our partners displayed on our Site, please be aware that you are providing your Personal Information to these third parties and not to www.yext.com.
OUR OPT-OUT POLICY
To stop receiving newsletters or marketing communications from us or to opt out of having your Personal Information shared with third parties, please use the unsubscribe mechanism in the email or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the information necessary for us to process your request.
Service-Related Announcements. We will also send you service-related email announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. You do not have an option to opt out of these emails, which are not promotional in nature.
OUR POLICY ON CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DEACTIVATING YOUR ACCOUNT
You may have the right under applicable law to access, correct, update, block or delete your Personal Information, or to object to the processing of your Personal Information, or you may want to deactivate your account. To do so, please email our Customer Support at email@example.com with information necessary for us to process your request.
If you deactivate your account, we will either delete, block or anonymize your Personal Information so that it is no longer possible to identify you.
We will respond to your request in respect of your Personal Information as soon as practicable but in any case within the time periods prescribed by applicable law. We may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request with respect to Personal Information in our custody or control.
Other Websites. The Sites may contain links to third party owned and/or operated websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We suggest that you contact these third parties directly for information regarding their privacy, security and data collection and distribution policies prior to providing them with any information.
Testimonials. We may post customer testimonials on the Sites which may contain Personal Information such as your name. We obtain your consent to post your Personal Information along with the testimonial, prior to posting the testimonial. If you want to remove your Personal Information that is being displayed on a Site under public pages, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Widgets. Our Sites include buttons that allow you to share content on the Sites through services provided by Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are social media networks not affiliated with Yext. They are headquartered at the following addresses:
Facebook: 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Twitter: 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
LinkedIn: 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
When you use the Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn share buttons, your device will access their respective webpages and, therefore, your data will be sent to the party associated with that share button and such party may also know that you visited our Site. Further information on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information can be found in their respective privacy policies which can be accessed on their respective webpages.
Security and Retention. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from a Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to us or to any other party via the Internet. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms or login credentials (such as username and password) on our platform login, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Your Personal Information will be stored in the United States and will be subject to applicable laws. If you have any questions about security on our Sites, you can contact us at email@example.com. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Minors. Visitors under 13 years of age are not permitted to use and/or submit their Personal Information on any Site. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under 13 years of age. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
Yext (Canada) Corp.
160 Elgin Street, Suite 2600
Ottawa, ON K1P 1C3